At Metro Eye Care we strive to provide quality and convenient care to our patients. Holding true to this principle we decided to accept our patient’s private vision insurances. This means our patients do not have to worry about paying out of pocket first and then going through the paperwork to get reimbursed at a later date. We have stepped in and will bill the insurance company directly. The patient just has to give us the authority to do so and provide us with the details of their policy number and a member ID. The advantage of direct billing to our patient is that if the cost of products and services are more than what the benefit coverage is, the patient only has to pay the difference (co-pay) out of pocket. We will be able check eligibility in real time and let you know if and how much your insurance covers towards vision. Vision coverage usually are separated into:
We direct bill with the following insurance companies:
- Blue Cross
- Green Shield
- Chamber of Commerce Group Insurance
- Cowan: We need to call to check eligibility. Paper billing only
- Desjardins Insurance
- Great-West Life
- Industrial Alliance: does not allow us to direct bill. We can however call on your behalf and check your eligibility
- Johnson Inc.
- Manulife Financial: We are unable to check eligibility, the patient has to call Manulife Financial. Not every plan under this provider allows direct billing
- Maximum Benefit or Johnston Group
- Standard Life
- Sun Life Financial: We are unable to check eligibility, the patient has to call Sun Life Financial. Not every plan allows direct billing
- Great West Life Embassy of Saudi Arabia: We need to call 1-888-663-6623 Mon-Fri between 8am-5pm to check Pt eligibility for eye exam and eyeglasses. Fill out the form and submit by fax or email
Metro Eye Care is a leader in innovative patient care services, as most private optometry offices do not provide direct billing services.